Rain Barrel Rebate Program
Join the movement to protect our community from pollution while conserving water!
1,000 square feet of roof surface can capture 625 gallons of water for every 1 inch of rainfall, that's over 11,000 gallons from one home per year!
Why should I install a rain barrel?
- With the recent water crisis in California, rain barrels are one of the best ways to save money and water.
- Rain barrels protect local creeks, the San Francisco Bay, and the Ocean by reducing urban runoff that transports litter, motor oil, copper and other pollutants from entering stormdrains.
- San Mateo County has a rebate program that provides a rebate of up to $100!
How do I receive a rebate?
1. Visit the Bay Area Water Supply and Conservation Agency
2. Buy a rain barrel. Consider buying it at your local hardware store (must be at least 50 gallons)
3. Fill out a rebate application
Where do I buy a rain barrel?
You can purchase a rain barrel by visiting a local hardware store, or go online.
Additional Resources (Safe and Proper Installation of a Rain Barrel):
Use Guidelines & Health Information (Warning: Rain barrel water should not be used as drinking water)